Friday, May 13, 2011

Parking Problems

I was at the bank earlier today depositing some money. When I finished up my transaction and left the bank, I stepped into the parking lot and saw probably the worst parking job that a human has ever managed. A woman had parked her giant, red SUV far past where the designated parking spots ended, at an angle that left the back of her behemoth partly in a fire lane. I'm sure in her mind it was fine because she was "just running in for a second." Well for the time she was in the bank she blocked one of the only ways to navigate around the parking lot without either pulling out into the street or going through empty parking spots. If she hadn't left a small child and a dog in the car I would have hopped in my car and rammed straight into hers. Well...not really. It's my dad's car so I couldn't actually do that, but you get the point. The woman actually seems to believe that laws don't apply to her because she's in a hurry. How ignorant and self absorbed do you have to be to think that parking like that is fine because its convenient to your schedule? There were other parking spots a little further away from the bank that she could have easily fit into to. I guess NASA needed her to talk a space shuttle through a crash landing after she deposited her check or something. How else could you explain her utter disregard for courtesy?

No comments:

Post a Comment